Originally Wickham only had five bells which were cast by R Wells of Aldbourne, Wiltshire between 1767-1772 and hung in a wooden frame in the tower. In 1890 it was found that the bells required rehanging and restoring due to general wear. This work was carried out by John Taylor & Co. and consisted of rehanging the original bells with new fittings in a steel frame together with the addition of a new treble. In 1897 the fourth cracked and its recasting coincided with the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria. In 1961 it was found the bells needed rehanging again. In 1973 the bells were tuned and rehung by John Taylor & Co. with new headstocks and other fittings.